Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Waiting Game


But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

 
My hospital bags are packed.  The baby’s room is lovingly stocked with clothes, diapers, and toys.  All we are waiting on is the baby to make his appearance.

 
I have to confess, waiting is not one of my strengths.

 
Last week my husband and son went with me to my doctor’s appointment to check up on our newest little addition.  I hoped that the doctor would tell us, “any day now.”  However to my great disappointment, nothing changed.  It turns out; my little one is comfy and in no hurry to arrive any time soon.

 
The whole drive home I hardly said a word, but just stared out the window and had a pity party.  There I was, full term, emotional, and feeling like a tick ready to pop.

 
After my husband left for work I put my three year old son down for a nap and decided I needed one too.  Before falling asleep, I reflected on my attitude and laughed at myself.  I was acting like a character in my son’s favorite book.  “The Pout Pout Fish.”  I had moped around the house all morning over something I had no control over.

 
Who was I to question God’s timing?  I felt His presence reassuring me that he had everything under control.  My baby has a special birthday that God has already planned.  I just have to be patient and do the thing I dislike the most, wait.

 
I love the verse from Isaiah 40:31.  But those that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall soar high on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

 
To me this verse is a call to action.  No matter what I am going through, if I wait patiently on the Lord he will strengthen me.  While waiting, he can help me grow in my faith and teach me patience.

 
This week I am still waiting, but my attitude has changed.  I know God has everything under control.  Waiting is a hard thing to do, but God’s rewards are worth it.

 
Thank you for reading and keep shining for him!  J
 





 

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, love how you said waiting is a call to action. You're right -- we have to actively trust God and his timing. We have to actively wait. Hope your wait is not too much longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl. The funny thing is that after I finished writing this post I thought of about a dozen things I still needed to do before the new baby arrives. It's just another reminder that God timing is perfect and I just need to trust him. :) Thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete