Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

8 Things to Remember While Waiting for Spring

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8 (NLT)

The last few weeks of winter can be hard.  I don’t know about you, but after New Years, I’m ready for spring.  If I’m not careful, the winter blues come knocking at my door. 
 
This week started out rough and I was tempted to let negativity take over. However, as I started to feel discouraged, Philippians 4:8 came to mind.  I knew God was telling me, “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”

Even though I was having a rough week, there were still so many good things to think about in my life.  Little blessings from God I had overlooked.  The verse lists 8 kinds of things to think about, so I decided to make a list for myself.  Most are simple and some are just plain silly, but here are my 8 things:

      1.      Fun and laughter with family.

2.      My baby said his first word!  “Hi.”

3.      This weekend I get to fellowship with some wonderful writer friends.

4.      An Oreo cookie is only 1 weight watchers point!  (Something my mom brought to my attention tonight.  J Yum!)

5.      Cuddles, hugs and kisses from my kids every day.

6.      My wonderful husband did the laundry for me.  He’s such a sweetheart.

7.      A cardinal stopped by my front yard for a visit. Tweet Tweet...

8.      Jesus loves me!

It’s funny, while making this list, I thought of a lot more than eight.  God has blessed me with so many things and when I focused on His blessings, my week got brighter. God is so good and I know Spring is right around the bend.

So here’s a challenge. What are your eight things? Please share in the comment section.

Thank you for reading and keep Shining for Him!
 
 
Photo Credit: (Serge Bertasius Photography) www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment