Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Brooke Williams: Featured Inspirational Romance Author

It’s hard to pinpoint when I first fell in love with writing.  Today, I feel like it’s always been a part of my life and I know it always will be.  When I was in grade school, I wrote my first “book,” which I titled “Me and My Kid.”  It was written from my cat’s perspective.  I spent over a decade in radio, writing shorter form items like commercials and other promotional items.  And now I write articles, web content, blogs, and full novels.

Though I love writing in any form, fiction has grabbed my heart like none other.  There’s nothing like immersing myself so fully into a character’s life that I actually feel what they feel and see what they see.  In the more emotional moments, goosebumps run up my arms as I write out a scene that I know would be painful or joyous to actually live out.

I wrote my first novel, “Someone Always Loved You” when I was deep into my radio career.  I
enjoyed writing commercials for radio, but I had an idea for this book and I simply could NOT get it out of my head.  After I wrote the prologue, I felt like I owed it to the story to continue.  Once I completed the book, I searched for an agent so I could publish it.  I wanted it to mean as much to other people as it did for me.  I did not succeed and I hate to admit, I simply gave up on writing altogether.

Years later, my husband put the book online in a digital version.  Just last month, it sold over 200 copies.  And months before that it has been selling 100 copies each month.  I have no idea how it is catching on but I am so glad people are reading and enjoying the story that has meant so much to me over the years.

Once my first daughter was born, I left radio to stay home with her and naturally fell back into writing.  At first, I was just looking for the extra income so I started writing for a variety of companies.  It was a great job…something I could do in my own time from my home.  But it sparked a light in me and longer forms of writing soon followed.

I am pleased to say that I have had success more recently in the romance genre.  My style of romance is what I like to call a “cute little love story” and I have two manuscripts going through editing with publishers to be published soon.

“Wrong Place, Right Time,” is a story about a woman who interrupts the wrong wedding on accident.  It is due to come out in December of this year from The Writer’s Coffee Shop Publishing House.

And “Accept this Dandelion,” revolves around a Bachelor-type TV show where nothing can go right for the female lead character.  This novel will come out in February 2015 from Prism Book Group.  I have a third novel under consideration by Prism Book Group called, “Mamarazzi.”

I encourage anyone reading this to seek their passions.  You have those passions for a reason.  If I had given up writing for good as I thought I had years ago, I wouldn’t feel the fulfillment I feel today.
                                                              
 
Brooke is an award winning author and freelance writer. She has written hundreds of articles as well as full novels including "Someone Always Loved You." She looks forward to the release of "Wrong Place, Right Time" from The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House in December and "Accept this Dandelion" from Prism Books in February. She has 12 years of experience in radio broadcasting and a brief amount in TV news. Brooke and her husband Sean married in 2002 and have two daughters, Kaelyn and Sadie. Connect with Brooke on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorBrookeWilliams
Get links and details about her work on her website: Authorbrookewilliams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment