Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Something New

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19 (NLT)

One of my favorite things about spring is seeing the flowers blossom. I love watching everything become new and beautiful again.

Living in the Midwest, I’m use to having the temperatures fluctuate back and forth. So last month, during a heat wave I rejoiced over tiny buds on the tree in my front yard. Then the weather turned cold again. I got discouraged, thinking winter would never leave.

Just this weekend I noticed something new. The entire tree was covered in green leaves and white blooms. What seemed to start out slow had flourished! Overnight spring arrived, right underneath my nose. How had I miss it coming?

If I’m not careful I can also miss little moments where God is working in my life. Even if I don’t notice it, He’s always there behind the scenes.

Recently, I’ve run into some obstacles in my writing ministry that are discouraging. However, the other day during my morning devotional I came across Isaiah 43:19. The verse made me think of all the little blessings I receive every day and how far God has brought me since the beginning of this journey. I could hear Jesus speaking directly to my heart. Rachel, I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun!

I’ve learned the importance of rejoicing even in the little blessings. He is faithful to his promise and is already doing something new in my life. I’m not sure where it will lead, but I trust Him.

Are you feeling discouraged and need prayer? If so please leave a comment and I would love to pray for you.  Or if you have a story about something new God is doing in your life, please leave a comment.

Thank you for reading and keep Shining for Him!
 
*Photo Credit: (Dan) http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, love how you stopped and thought about how far God has brought you instead of giving in to discouragement. He will complete the good work he has begun, won't he?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes, I love to think about that promise that He will complete the good work he has begun. That is one of my favorite verses. Have a blessed weekend, Cheryl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I am sorry for the discouragement you have had in writing...but I think all writers can relate. Yes! The Lord wants to use your wonderful gifts in his ways and in his timing. Just wait for it, and it will come. Not that it's easy. I stink at waiting myself. But God doesn't work at our speed, he works at his.
    The good news is 'it will come.' Yay!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words, Ceil. Yes, I'm so glad that God has everything planned out and his plans are perfect. He is an awesome God isn't He? I hope you have a blessed day.

      Delete