Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Breaking Free

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
Hebrews 12:1
 

 I’ve always enjoyed watching weight loss reality TV shows. As a person who has struggled with weight issues for most of my life, it’s inspiring to see a person break free from their past and begin a new life without all the weight holding them back.

 

Many times in our spiritual life, we struggle with a different type of weight. It can be, shame from past sins, addictions, fear or doubt…just to name a few. All these things can weigh us down and keep us from the life God wants for us. He never meant for us to stay weighed down with these problems that cripple us. He wants to break us free.

 

Hebrews 12:1 paints a beautiful picture of what our lives can be like when we strip off this weight that holds us down. When we hand it over to God and ask for forgiveness, in return he can give us life and endurance to run the race He has set before us.

 

Is there something weighing you down today? If so, please say this prayer with me.

 

Heavenly Father, thank you for being so willing to take this weight off my shoulders. Today I am handing you all these things that weigh me down. Help me run this race with endurance
and to serve you with my whole heart.
In Jesus name, Amen.
 

 
Photo Credit: (Sura Nualpradid) www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment