Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Something New for 2015!

It’s a new year! To start off the year with a bang, I have an exciting announcement for you! However, first I would like to reflect on the past year and some goals for 2015.


I don’t know about you, but it seemed like 2014 flew by in a hurry. It was a busy year — my first year as a published author. Looking back, I can see so many ways that God worked things out and poured out blessings I never expected. He sent some amazing friends and family to help and it was such a blessing.
 



I’m so thankful — even for the difficulties and trials because they have made me stronger and taught me to lean on my faith in God more than ever before.

So what’s next??? Sometimes I make resolutions for the New Year but for 2015 I want to do something different. I know a lot of people have started coming up with theme words for the year but I’m going a step further. My theme word is Endurance and it goes along with a verse for this year as well.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us” (Hebrews 12:1 NLT).




To me, this verse has so many different meanings. I’m just going to list three.

1.      Be a role model — a reflection of God’s light.

2.      Get rid of the distractions that hold me back.

3.      Keep a laser focus on God and the race He wants me to run. In other words, make God’s will a priority, not mine.

In the next few months I plan to dig deeper into these topics on my blog, so be sure to come back and visit. Also, do you have a theme word, verse or resolution? I’d love to hear what goals you have for the New Year.
----------------------------------------------------------------- 

Now, for the BIG Announcement. I bet you thought I forgot, huh? If you follow me on social media, you probably know that I’ve been working on the 2nd installment of the Riley Family Legacy Novellas. Well, after months of hard work, I can now tell you the release day!

 
(Drum roll please) Beauty Unveiled will be launched  ……..  April 9th 2015!

 
I will have more details up on my books page soon but I couldn’t wait to share my news. See? 2015 is going to be a great year! As always, thank you for all your prayers and support.


God bless and keep Shining for Him.
 
 
Photo Credit: (Sura Nualpradid) www.freedigitalphotos.net

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, congrats on your upcoming release! My theme word for the year is rest. My Monday blog post tells more about it. Endurance is a great word. God bless as you endure for Him this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support, Cheryl! Rest is a wonderful theme word as well that I think we could all benefit from. :) I'm going to hop on over to your blog soon to find out more about why you picked it. Your encouragement is such a blessing, friend. Thank you.
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete