Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Character Interview with Ryan Hudson


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s day. Today, I have a fun character interview to share with you. It’s with one of my favorite characters from Beauty Within, Ryan Hudson and gives some hints to what will happen in the sequel. However, first, I’d like to tell you about a fun event I’m hosting in two weeks.
Interviewer: It’s nice to meet you, Ryan. Thank you for agreeing to this interview today.

 

Ryan: Likewise and you’re welcome. (shakes her hand and gulps) I’m not that good at these interview things so bear with me.

 

Interviewer: (chuckles) Don’t worry. It will be painless. I understand you recently decided to stay in Brimsfield. Can you share a little about why a city cop would choose to live in a small town?

 

Ryan: (Grins and his blue eyes twinkle) Well, I never thought it would happen to a guy like me, but I fell in love. When Katherine and I met, everything kept going wrong … in fact I think she despised me at first.

 

Interviewer: Why is that?

 

Ryan: (laughs and arches an eyebrow) Let’s just say, I was the fool that gave the Sheriff’s daughter a parking ticket. She did forgive me eventually though and about a dozen roses later, I’m the luckiest guy in the world.

 

Interviewer: So what is it that made you fall in love with Katherine?

 


Photo credit: (arztsamui) www.freedigitalphotos.net
Ryan: (blushes) Where do I start? One million little things. If I had to choose though … I’d have to say, her heart. When most people thought I was a lost cause, Katherine believed in me … she prayed for me during my darkest hour. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for bringing Katherine and her kids into my life.

 

Interviewer: That’s so sweet. Now speaking of the kids, is it complicated dating a woman with two kids? Do you two ever get any privacy?

 

Ryan: It’s challenging at times but I don’t mind. We have plenty of babysitters if Katherine and I want to go on a date alone, but most of the time we let the kids tag along. I love Lillian and JJ like they are my own kids. I know that I can never replace the father they lost, but I hope that one day they can make room for a new dad in their lives.

 

Interviewer: Wow. Sorry, I don’t usually get emotional. (dabs at her eyes with a tissue and sighs) So, with Valentine’s day coming up, I hear you two have an exciting announcement. Care to elaborate?

 

Ryan: (shakes his head, grinning) I wish I could. Let’s just say, the entire town will be watching.

 

Interviewer: Well, that sounds exciting. I’ll have to check in with you later about that I guess. In the meantime, I just have one more question. How did the nickname, Officer Handsome come about?


 

Ryan: (Laughs) Oh, Lil is responsible for that. She had a hard time pronouncing my name the first time we met and it came out Handsome instead of Hudson. You know how fun four-year-olds can be. Anyway, it’s become an ongoing joke between Katherine and I so it doesn’t bother me too much. (shrugs) I’ve always considered myself pretty average looking, really.

 

Interviewer: You’re so modest. (Chuckles) Well, thank you for joining us today, Ryan and congratulations on your upcoming announcement. I can’t wait to find out what it is.

 

Ryan: Your welcome. It’s been a pleasure meeting you.
 
 ~ ~ ~
 
Beauty Within is now available in paperback and eBook on:
 
Amazon and B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment