Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Changes


I realized the other day that it has been a long time since I’ve written a blog post besides new release information. Unfortunately, I write posts in my head all the time but most of them never make it on here for some reason. However, in 2017, I’m hoping to change that and give updates more often.


With that said…some of you may have been wondering where I have been and why my writing has slowed down. The truth is, since October 2015 things have been a little crazy. It’s been quite a journey. You see, my husband and I started this ambitious kitchen remodel project in order to make our little two bedroom house in the suburbs more appealing to sell.


Why you might ask? Well, we dreamed of moving to the country and began praying for God to make a way if it was in his will for us. For over a year we dreamed of what it would be like—raising our kids somewhere peaceful on a few acres—more room for them to run and play. A place where we could have a large garden and maybe have some chickens and enjoy fresh farm eggs. Stuff like that.
I’m happy to tell you that after many months of praying, working, house showings and searches, God led us to a cute fixer upper home on two acres on the outskirts of a small town. It needed some work but was just what we were looking for. So we bought it and moved in during one of the coldest weekends in January of this year. Brrrrr…I would not recommend moving during the winter…lol. However, that’s how it happened.


About a month later we were adjusting to life in a new house and new town. We met our new neighbors, found a great church, made a few new friends and slowly but surely began the long and daunting task of unpacking.


Then an unexpected health scare interrupted. I ended up doubled over in pain one evening and had to undergo emergency surgery to remove a large mass in my abdomen. Somehow I missed the signs that something was going amiss with my health. I had been fatigued and short of breath but just attributed the symptoms to the stress of moving.


During those times of uncertainty in the hospital God comforted me and brought peace to my heart through a verse from Jeremiah 29:11 NLT. “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.I knew that no matter what circumstances I found myself in that God was there with me. Through good news or bad he had a perfect plan for my life and would take care of me.


And he did take care of me and my family. Praise the Lord, the mass turned out to be completely benign. Recovery has been a challenge especially with two young boys to homeschool (that's also something new and a blog post for a future date 😊). However we have been blessed with wonderful family and friends who stepped in to help. Our new church family and friends have also been wonderful even though we are new in town. They have prayed for us, sent cards and delivered meals so I didn’t have to worry about cooking. I am so thankful for everything people have done for us during this time. It has truly been a blessing and inspired me to look for more ways to help others in need.


So, that's my story. Some good changes and some scary close calls. The past year and a half have been quite a journey, but through it all, God has taught me some valuable lessons and grown my faith. I'm learning to slow down a little and look for the little blessings He has given and look forward to the adventures He has in store for the future.

God bless and keep Shining for Him!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Special Announcements:



Literary Lighthouse Awards


My new book, Escaping Reality is up for the Literary Lighthouse Award. If you have read and enjoyed this story or think it sounds like a good read would you follow the link below and cast your vote? Thank you! J This website also includes a contest to win a Kindle Fire!




February Giveaways


Because of my recent health scare I’ve fallen a bit behind in my February audio book giveaways. However, next week I will be formally announcing the winners on my blog and also sending out emails with the prizes. Thank you for your patience.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, thanks for the update. So glad the mass was benign and your friends and family have stepped in to help as you recover. And what a blessing to be able to raise your boys in a more country setting. Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete