Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

God's Perfect Plan: A Savior is Born!


So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”
Mathew 1:22-23

How do we react when things don’t go according to our plans?

With Christmas less than a week away, my mind is on the birth of our savior.  Imagine how Mary and Joseph must have felt discovering Mary’s pregnancy.  They were just ordinary people with plans of their own I’m sure, but the news turned their world upside down.  Mary knew the child was God’s son but Joseph’s initial reaction was alarm.  Verse 19 says that he planned to quietly call off the marriage, until the angel came to him in a dream telling him that Mary was carrying the Messiah.

The news came as a surprise to Mary and Joseph and there were more surprises in store.  I’m sure Mary never expected to give birth in a stable.  If it were me I might have questioned, Is this really your plan, God?  Do you really want your son to be born in a stable, surrounded by animals?  However, Mary and Joseph put their trust in God and in the end, everything happened according to the prophecy.  Our savior was born!

God had a perfect plan all along.  Just like Mary and Joseph, we can trust that God has a plan for our lives as well.  Even when things don’t go according to our plans, nothing is a surprise to Him.  We can trust in His perfect plan.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.  I will not be posting a blog next Thursday as I will be spending time with my family, but will start back up on January 2nd.  God bless.

*Special Announcement!  I’m launching my FREE Newsletter the second week of January.  If you want to receive it, there is a sign up on the upper right hand corner of this page.

*Photo Credit: (dan) www.freedigitalphotos.net

1 comment: